¿Qué tipos de comida callejera son más populares en los países hispanos?
¿Qué te dicen las opciones de comida callejera de un país sobre su cultura?
What street foods are popular in other countries?
What does a country’s street food options tell you about the culture?
< < < Para los profes > > >
This is an introduction to the new unit that you can do after the previous unit’s assessment or start class with it and immediately lead into the first lesson.
- Download the “Objectives Sheet” and “Experiences Sheet” from the download on main unit page
- Print/copy for each student (can be put front/back)
- Optional: Vocabulary Copy for each student.
- Optional: Props to help with comprehension throughout the unit.
Note: Click the image to change the size.
Ask what they think they will need to learn to be able to understand information about street foods and describe them. Make a list of what they say.
Pass out the Objective Sheet for this unit to students. Have them circle their proficiency goal at the bottom. Refer back to the rubric if needed.
If you want to do a pre-assessment, they could try to do each of the objectives.
Give them the experiences sheet. Go over the options. See if they have any other ideas that would connect with the 5 C’s (community, cultures, communication, connections, comparisons). Explain how, how many, and when to turn it in. Also explain guidelines for the “Your Option” like does it need to be approved first.
- For level 2 students and higher, give them a pre-assessment to see their strengths and areas for growth
- Connect with other content teachers
- Arrange for a guest speaker to visit